We are excited to announce that in-person Sabbath services at the Puna Seventh-day Adventist Church are resuming effective Sabbath, June 13, 2020! Please note that the format of our services will be changed temporarily as we take precautions recommended by authorities against COVID-19. Keep in mind these changes are only temporary and may be adjusted as conditions allow.
The Sabbath School class will begin at 10:30 AM. There will be no Sabbath School program preceding the lesson study, and no lower division classes at this time. Our worship service will begin at 11:00 AM and will be in a shortened format. Seating will be limited, so we encourage you to come early. You will be directed to a suitable seat by a deacon or usher. There will be no potluck following the service.
We will be following all cleaning procedures recommended by state and federal authorities. In line with the governor’s supplemental emergency proclamations and the mayor’s emergency rules, we are asking all attendees to abide by the following guidelines:
- Please do not come to church if you are feeling ill, have a cough, fever or other flu-like symptoms, or have recently been exposed to someone exhibiting these symptoms.
- Please practice all social distancing guidelines from civil authorities – maintain a distance of six feet of physical separation at all times, and refrain from hugs, handshakes, or other physical contact. Please do not congregate in the foyer. We strongly encourage families to sit together.
- Face coverings for attendees are mandated by civil authorities. Please follow all guidelines recommended by the CDC. Note that CDC guidelines state that face coverings should not be used by children under age 2, or by anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently. Hand sanitizer will be available when you enter the church.
- Please bring your own Bible with you; no Bibles or hymnals will be available in the pews, but for members who need to borrow a Bible for the duration of the service, there will be a limited supply of sanitized Bibles available in the foyer.
- We recommend returning tithes and offerings online via AdventistGiving: http://giving.punasda.org. For those who would prefer to give in person, you may leave them in the drop box located in the foyer after the service.
We will be continuing our livestream services on YouTube and Facebook for those in a high-risk group due to age or underlying medical conditions, or for those who are otherwise choosing to worship from home.
We are looking forward to seeing you all in church again!